Tuesday’s Top Ten: Edie’s Bucket List
I once posted a Top Ten Bucket List for Pets, years ago when we still had Ms. Thang and Mr. Grumpy Pants. Now that we have Happy Pup, who’s chilling beside me, I think it’s time to take a stab at my own bucket list. One of my friends’ kids thinks we’re all going to die tomorrow (the old folks, anyway).
On that note, I’d better get busy living….
10. Attend an indoor concert. Adam Lambert. Bob Seger. AJJ. Regina Spektor. One day, I will suck it up and deal with people long enough to enjoy some live music.
9. Get Seriously 2.0 achievement on Gears of War 2.
8. Get Seriously 3.0 on Gears of War 3. I’m probably closer to this achievement than I am to killing 100,000 enemies on Gears 2, but it would be more rewarding.
7. Play video games like it’s my job. The first week I retire from the day job, I’m going to spend eight hours a day gaming. I’m going to log in at 8, log out at 12 for lunch, log back in at 1, and log out at five. Now THAT’s a day job: Saving the world from Locusts.
6. Go anywhere with Lemur. We have taken one vacation together. To Vegas. That needs to change, my dear.
5. Go to Hawaii. You know. When it’s not on fire.
4. Become a foster dog mom. I love seeing Facebook posts from shelters and foster sites.
3. Start my own business, if you can call starting a nursing home for LGBTQ+ people a “business” rather than an institution. It’s going to take a ton of planning and more people than I probably want to deal with in my lifetime, but yeah. Life goals.
2. Start a scholarship trust for Diverse Literature Teachers – English teaching majors who plan to teach diverse literature in their classes. Trusts need money, right? This one will probably happen when I’m dead, but I can put a plan in place beforehand.
1. Visit the Freddie Mercury statue on Lake Geneva.
What’s on your bucket list?