Tuesday’s Top Ten: Favorite Wild Animals
In the living room at my parents’ house Friday night, I pulled out my journal and asked them some of the daily prompts. One was to write a day in the life of your favorite wild animal. This happened to fall during shark week, so of course I said “shark.” My sister said, “Owl.” My dad had a hard time with our choices. He thinks wild animals have fur and live on land. I think he has a narrow-minded view of animals. Even so, my list has changed a little since that journal entry. There are critters more lovable than sharks.
10. Wolves: fierce predators who mate for life and put pack above all else.
9. Pandas: not quite bears, but adorable.
8. Polar Bears: adaptive buggers with thick *translucent* coats so they withstand cold and blend in with the snow.
7. Foxes: again, adorable, and clever, and the star of one of my favorite Disney movies.
6. Red Pandas: red + panda = CUTENESS OVERLOAD.
5. Snakes: I prefer these cute little buggers that keep pests out of my yard:
4. Sharks: White. Tiger. Hammerhead. Reef. Black-tipped oceanic.Whale. Nurse. Yeah, I love them all.
3. Honey Badgers: for obvious reasons.
2. Lions: pride aside, they are beautiful creatures.
1. Lemurs: handsome, even when impaired.
What is your favorite wild animal?