Tuesday’s Top Ten: Projects to Finish Before Gears
“I suppose you want me to say I loved you, I’ve always loved you, but I don’t. I really, really don’t.”
Guess who’s back with a brand new, er, ish? invention. Ultimate Gears of War launched today on the XBox One. Guess who now has an XBox One. That’s right.
Here are the top ten projects I need to finish before I touch our new gaming system. You know this is a joke, right? I’ll be lucky to finish this blog tonight.
10. Cardio. I made Lemur go for a walk with me the minute he returned from Best Buy. Needless to say, he was not happy.
9. Journaling. It’s day 237. It’s also blog Tuesday, which means I have to come up with a plot bunny, since I won’t get much writing done.
8. Reading. I’m so far behind. I just hit the halfway mark (30) to my goal for the year (60). I have some time off planned soon, and another plane ride. I need to read some fiction, not professional books for work. They’re slowing me down!
7. That Thing for Work. You know. The thing that just popped up at the last minute, even after I should have logged out for the day? Yeah. THAT thing.
6. Dinner. I don’t cook it, I eat it. A good friend told me today that I don’t know how good I have it. I have an idea.
5. Lunch for tomorrow/next week. I’m good at buying the stuff, but not so great at planning ahead. And then we go out to eat for a week in a row.
4. Hygiene. I haven’t shaved my legs in almost two weeks. I blame the fleas. I got bit by a flea out east, and every flea bite I’ve ever had flared up. I wish I were kidding. I’m that allergic to them. So I need to shave and then treat the bites before I have to dress purdy this weekend. No, I’m not posting a picture of a disgusting flea. You’re welcome.
3. Lifting. So I can still play when I’m 90 without a huge curve in my spine. Still do it three times a week. Still hate it. My new encouragement to finish: Greg Louganis did a perfect dive while taking AZT. I can do some fucking sit-ups.
2. Breaking All the Rules edits. I have some California inconsistencies and a minor plot hole to fix. So far, it doesn’t suck! YAY!
1.Love Your Enemy first draft. It took me 5 years and 210,000 words to tell this story last time. I’m thinking I can hammer out 80k in about 6 weeks, if I do this right. Randy and Zac should write themselves this time around. Say it with me: Happy Ending. No school shootings, I promise. But Ingrid might get arrested at the end. The World Pokemon fiasco gave me ideas.
Lemur’s going to beat the game before I get started. Gotta go!