Tuesday’s Top Ten: Random Questions, Round 2
Met with financial advisor. Forgot it’s Tuesday. Less than an hour to make this blog happen. Let’s do this.
1. Describe your ideal day.
Roll out of bed. Make coffee. Take shower (because I can’t write if my head is stuffy, which is every morning). Get dressed in jeans and a t-shirt featuring one of my favorite shows. Sit down at the computer. Write until my fingers hurt. Edit in the afternoon. Make dinner for Lemur. Sex. Edit some more. Go to bed. Dream of my characters. That’s what I hope to be doing in a few days…
2.. Dog person or cat person?
We have both, but I am definitely a dog person. Dogs are awesome and don’t give you parasites that infect your brain.
3. Inside or outdoors?
If I lived somewhere with tons of shade trees, I would be an outdoorsy type. Unfortunately, the sun hates me. Indoors all the way. We have electricity, which is conducive to typing.
4. Are you a musician?
I can carry a tune. Am I Freddie Mercury? No. No, I am not
.5. Five most influential books over your lifetime. 1. Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry. Without it, I would have feared someone who I cherish as one of my best friends in the whole world. (Or Narnia or some shit, since he lives so far away.)
2. Night. The first book I taught to middle schoolers. This book is like a flashback for your soul. If you think the Holocaust never happened, you need to read and feel this book. If you read it and still don’t believe, you’re not human. 3. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. The first book I read outside of schoolwork with an LGBT supporting character (and a love scene or two, if I remember right). I love this book, though I have read Mysteries of Pittsburgh several times more. I love Michael Chabon .4. Alliance in Blood. My first M/M romance read, purchased by a dear friend I can’t seem to mention enough in this blog. 5. Which Amy Lane do I pick? I love them all. The Bells of Times Square, because it’s my most recent read, and because it is her best one yet. Beautiful and heartbreaking, with a dash of hope.
6. If you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
No. I believe in nurture over nature. My parents raised me well. School, not so much.
7. Would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
Well, it’s quiet, and very LGBT positive, so yes. Oh, and my Tumblr feed is COMPLETELY different from my posts, similar to the way I only say about 10% of what goes through my mind.
8. What’s your patronus?
A lemur, of course. Who wouldn’t want a patronus that tells you to calm the fuck down?
9. Which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
Slytherin. I was born in the year of the snake, after all.
10. Would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
Middle Earth. I aspire to be an elf, but I would probably end up a hobbit.