Tuesday’s Top Ten: Travel Destinations
Many of my friends are returning home from San Diego this week. I have never been to San Diego, though it is a short distance from my sister’s home in Dana Point. If I make it back there, I intend to visit, at least as far south as Camp Pendleton (which is huge, I know).
I’ve been to New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Kansas City, and Minneapolis twice each. I’ve flown through Chicago countless times, but I’ve never left the airport. There are places I want to go, and things I want to see. Here are my top ten travel destinations in the United States:
10. Chicago. Close. Easy. I could get there by bus. I hear they have a cool aquarium, Shrarky!
9. Memphis. Home of Elvis. Road trip, so I can sing Paul Simon’s Graceland album at the top of my lungs…Lemur will probably leave me by the side of the road somewhere before we hit the Mississippi River.
8. San Antonio. I hear they have Sea World, and the River Walk.
7. Sacramento. I know. Everyone tells me, “You don’t want to go there. It’s shitty.” Well, I’ve never been there, and I want to find Candy Heaven, Amy Lane‘s candy shop from Candy Man and Bitter Taffy.
6. San Diego. Comic Con. That’s right, the real deal, not the local knock-off. We did not have this at our Comic Con…
5. Palm Springs. My sister also has a desert house. I would love to visit, even if you need to be in the pool to survive.
4. Green Bay. In the summertime. No frozen tundra for this girl. I get enough of that at home.
3. Detroit. For Lemur. Though I must say, while searching for pictures, two of the top selections were slums and abandoned…
2. Seattle. Bring on the fish markets, the space needle, and The Hurricane.
1. Wherever GRL is in 2016. I want to meet more of my writerly friends!
What US cities do YOU want to visit?